On the Road Again


When we got the bikes for the kids, they were both so very excited. This was the one gift that Ruben and I really wanted to give the kids for Christmas. We had to save up for months and work really hard to do it. We also had to live on very little for a little while to make it happen. I was so happy that we did it though. The bikes are so cool and they both got bikes that totally fit their personalities. Akilean's bike is blue (his all time favorite color) although he would argue and say that his favorite color is Azul. And has flames on the side. (very Latino) His dad loves it too and even made the comment that the flames would have looked great on our old car. In this instance I can say that I am very lucky not to have a car as it is possible that there would be flame pin stripe at this point. Akilean also loves his helmet because it is lightning McQueen from "Cars" - He loves his bike and rides all the time.


Lena's bike is all princes all the time. Her whole life is so girly. She loves the princesses, butterflies, hearts, flowers... everything girly. Her bike also has the streamers which just make a bike soooooo cool. She got on her bike the first time and was very excited. Right up until she fell over. Lena is type of person that does not like to do something unless she is good at it. She has this idea that she should already be good at it. And then when she fell down that was it. She did not touch her bike for a while. She has started riding again and is doing great. She really enjoys it.


Every morning we wake up, eat breakfast, do the dishes, start the laundry and go for a bike ride. Our neighborhood is great for kids and bikes. I cannot wait until more of the roads are done so we can ride to town. As of right now, we would have to ride on the highway and I am not okay with that. Once we are in our new house we will be right by town so it will be fun to ride the bikes.

Well, I better sign off. I have to hang the laundry! Fun stuff

5 comments:

Carlos Ponce-Meléndez said...

Nice blog. It seems you are enjoying Tulum a lot, good for you.

Frankly Ronda said...

Just read most of your blog. Great reading!

Looking forward to keeping up with your life ...

Lori said...

Your kids are so cute. Sounds like life is really great. I'm so glad that you are having so much fun. I loved living in Bolivia.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie, glad to hear the kids are enjoying the bikes, I know you and Ruben were very excited to get them for the kids. I noticed an ad on your blog....call me and tell me all sbout it. I am still working on a time to come see you when you are in SF, it may just be me because Neal has a trial starting sometime that month.But I am sure I can work something out. Love you all dearly.
Mom

Anonymous said...

New bikes rock!! Cole is getting a new bike for his birthday. Shhh. Don't tell!!

Design by Blogger Templates