Ruben gets very lucky at work


The tourism here in Tulum has really been effected by this whole swine flu situation. I just found out from Cancuk in Cancun that there are now 3 cases here in Quintana Roo. Here is her update "Just to update you, there are now 3 confirmed cases in QRoo, one in Chetumal, one in Felipe Carrillo Puerto and one in Cancun. Sad, but true and not unexpected. I just posted an update on my blog. Sigh....
" The tourism has been hit hard. Yesterday Ruben showed up for work on the bus and a rep from the hotel got on the bus and said that the following people were to stay and that everyone else was off. Ruben was very happy that his was one of the names. They had a meeting and were told that the staff for restaurants just went from 200 to 15 for the next week. There are only going to be 2 restaurants open each night and they will rotate. They were told to keep it up as they were selected for being the best. That made me feel really good. I always knew he was great but it is nice for him to get recognized for it.

The good news is that because there will only be 2 restaurants open each night - then they for sure will be busy. That is very good news.

Ruben got really lucky the other day because he has a table of 6 that just adored him. They were there for a wedding when their party went from 40 people to 6. But they had a great time and were a really fun table for Ruben and they tipped him very well which was really nice. He also had another table that came in at the very end of the night that was really nice, easy and tipped very well.

He ran into both of those parties again last night. Thanks goodness. With so few people at the hotel getting 2 good tables each night is nice.

In other news I finally got my roof blocked off with fabric. With all of the winds here I do not know how long it will last but I am loving it. I know that this seems strange but we are probably going to put the kids swimming pool up here. It is a great spot to go and hang out.

I am really wanting to get more into yoga. I thought that in the mornings on the roof sounded like a nice idea. We will see how it turns out.

My garden has taken some serious turns. Check out my diosa domestica blog How to Cook 1 Handed for all of the pics.

6 comments:

CancunCanuck said...

Wow, I'm so glad that Ruben got lucky at work, good fortune indeed!

Just to update you, there are now 3 confirmed cases in QRoo, one in Chetumal, one in Felipe Carrillo Puerto and one in Cancun. Sad, but true and not unexpected. I just posted an update on my blog. Sigh....

Good luck girl!

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

Thanks for the update. I will update the post. Thanks hon. I hope all is well.

Jorge said...

I wish your esposo the best luck so he can get all the tables in the resort.

Good service is what I think he offers, nothing else.

I will push canucka to visit you guys.

Paula said...

Honey, the roof looks awesome! hope is does not blow away, but it does make me nervous (as grandma) to have ethe kids on a pool on the roof! but you know best...love you dearly
Mom

Gutsy Living said...

New to your blog and love Cancun, Tulum and Belize, where I lived with my husband and 3 sons for a year. We're back in California and I'd love to book a trip to Cancun. I really wish I knew if the hotels were offering discounts. I hope so. Any suggestions?

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

Canuck- Thank you so much for the update. You are so good at keeping everyone up to speed. I hope that you are feeling better.

Jorge- Thanks for the support. Ruben does keep it simple, do it fast and do it politely. It seems to be working out.

Momma- Hey there, we probably will not put it on the roof (it is hard to get water up there) - PS the sidewalks in many cases are more scary.

Gutsy- Wow, Belize would be amazing. Not sure about specific discounts but I suspect that there will be a lot of discounted rooms and airline tickets soon.

Design by Blogger Templates