I am not sure what to do with myself


Okay, so let me first say that my house at this exact moment is as clean and organized that it could possibly be. This is in and of itself an amazing feeling. And it is freshly deep cleaned and staged because our landlord was coming by to take a look and talk about our lease. We get a really great deal on this house and it is a very cute house and our landlord is really nice.


I love not having a single load of dishes or cloths, totally folded and put away wardrobes, and all of those little fix it things done. The house is looks awesome. Plus we got to keep our place at the same great part for another 6 months and the landlord will fix a few things we want done!!! Great start to the morning- plus we finally bought more coffee at the store. We have realized that this is not a luxury that we (mostly me) cannot cut.


For some reason, after we got home from the park, the fruteria and the pescaderia BOTH of my kids sat on the sofa and took naps ATT THE SAME TIME!!! Any mother of more then one knows the rare beast that this moment is. This called for a celebration.

Then we have highlight number 3... My brother Ryan by way of my amazing mother gave us the greatest gift. It is a hard drive full of almost any artist that you can think of and many cd of each artist. We get to listen to Jimmy Buffet and Bob Marley ALL day. One of my all time favorite songs is One Particular Harbor and Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude, pretty much is our families theme song! And there is no better music then Jimmy Buffet especially when you are here in the heat, sipping on a margarita...


which brings me to great part 4... Ruben had gotten a little margarita fixings for our cinco de Mayo dinner. And this is a particularly great treat because a well- and correctly made margarita is my favorite drink of all time. And on our budget we never get to have evenings with cocktails anymore. So I have a ice cold margarita to sip on while the kids are sleeping. Even now as I finish this post, they are still sleeping!!!


So to recap... totally clean and cute house, ready for dinner, BOTH kids sleeping at the same time, margarita... Yeah-- these are the moments that make life worth living. And all of this while living in a tropical paradise.

I think life might work out for us!


Yep.. This song is our families theme song.

Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes

By: Jimmy Buffett
1977

I took off for a weekend last month
Just to try and recall the whole year
All of the faces and all of the places
Wonderin' where they all disappeared
I didn't ponder the question too long
I was hungry and went out for a bite
Ran into a chum with a bottle of rum
And we wound up drinkin all night

Chorus:
It's these changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes
Nothing remains quite the same
With all of our running and all of our cunning
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

Reading departure signs in some big airport
Reminds me of the places I've been
Visions of good times that brought so much pleasure
Makes me want to go back again
If it suddenly ended tomorrow
I could somehow adjust to the fall
Good times and riches and son of a bitches
I've seen more than I can recall

Chorus:
These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes
Nothing remains quite the same
Through all of the islands and all of the highlands
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

I think about Paris when I'm high on red wine
I wish I could jump on a plane
So many nights I just dream of the ocean
God I wish I was sailin' again
Oh, yesterday's over my shoulder
So I can't look back for too long
There's just too much to see waiting in front of me
And I know that I just can't go wrong

Chorus:
With these changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes
Nothing remains quite the same
With all of my running and all of my cunning
If I couldn't laugh I just would go insane
If we couldn't laugh we just would go insane
If we weren't all crazy we would go insane

8 comments:

CancunCanuck said...

Awww, too cute both of them sleeping! Congrats on margarita time, fantastic news. House looks great amiga, wanna come do mine? :)

Refried Dreamer said...

Aaaahhhh! Enjoy the moment while it lasts. With little ones, sometimes they are few and far between. Have a margarita for me!

Paula said...

The house looks great....and the kids could not look cuter....hope you hasve a good evening and I am glad things went well with the landlord
love you dearly
Mom

Samantha said...

The house looks great!! =) I miss those beautiful kiddos Minds!

Anonymous said...

Now that is a "HOME" !Enjoy your lovely home and family. You and your family are blessed,you have so much that no amount of money in the world can buy.

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

Canuck- I am on my way! hehehe- I love cleaning and organizing- sort of a Monica from "Friends" personality if you know what I mean.
Dreamer- I know right! What better way to celebrate then with a margarita.

Momma- we miss you. The kids do look cute but i am still getting used to their hair cuts

Sam-Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day! We miss you too. Maybe you and Kev could catch a trip down here. Flights are about to get really cheap and there is a free place to stay.

Anon- Thanks for reading. We have really come to appreciate our lives here and the home we are making. Thank you for you kind thoughts.

CancunCanuck said...

Oh man, I am the total opposite! I am not a neat freak in the least, much to the chagrin of my type A personality husband, lol. I can use all the help I can get!

Frankly Ronda said...

As a mother of 2 - so get it!

Nice post. Nice life.

Design by Blogger Templates