Washing cloths in the pool

Well, everyone who lives in Mexico has experienced the age old saying... Mañana, mañana, mañana. Here in Mexico it always seem that every time you need something... you have to wait. But only until, tomorrow. Well finding out exactly which today that tomorrow will happen is proving difficult.

We have been waiting for the small piece that fixes that will cause our washing machine to magically work. Since it was not in the last few mañanas that we checked, we have had to resort to some creative measures.

I was almost willing to pay at the laundry mat just to wash them and then bring them home and dry them but the lavanderia here in my area is now for rent and not open so that took care of the idea. Probably a good one too because we are trying to find a way to get the kids into this school that I really want to send them too. Well they are already in but now we have to come up with a way to pay for it.

anyway... this was our solution. We did an old fashioned grape stomp type thing in the kids pool. We got in there and started stomping around and swishing the cloths together. It was really cute. The kids got really into it.

4 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

Excellent idea. My Mom used to hand my sister and me a can of shaving cream each and tell us to have a blast. It cleaned us both and the kitchen floor, then all she would do was mop it up and is shined like crazy and smelled great. My sister and I however smelled like old men.LOL

Bob Mrotek said...

Hey! That looks like fun! I think that I will buy a pool and round up the neighborhood kids :)

Frankly Ronda said...

You are awesome. I admire your realistic, solutions oriented approach to life - all with a splash of humor!

CancunCanuck said...

LOL, love it, ingenious!

Have you asked around about scholarships for the school? I think the "official" govt "becas" deadline has passed, but it's worth investigating, see what options are available. I think a lot of people don't know that they even exist. Worth a shot anyway! Heck, have Ruben ask at his job if they have any scholarship programs for employees kids, no harm in asking and sometimes you'll be surprised by the answer!

I'm dying to hear about their school, what's it like? Bilingual? Other foreign kids or all locals? Do tell!

Design by Blogger Templates