The kindness of strangers

I have been doing this whole blogging thing for a little over a year now and I am still learning so much about it. But one thing that I have learned is that the community and sense of friendship that it has given me has been incredible.

When I first started blogging here in Mexico and i started to peak around at other bloggers here, I found some real similarities to my own experience. Not all of the ones that refer to being an expat in Mexico but just my life experiences as well.

There have been times that have been hard for me and I have found support in my comment section. And I have loved reading and being a part of other peoples experience and there has been often when I would read something that would really click in my own head.

There have been people who have gone to my husbands work and taken pictures with him. And there have been people who have called me to ask me questions before they come and vacation.

But now... This is my first experience with blog reader generosity. There is 1 of my new email friends that brought me some gifts from the states. She brought me some Thai chili sauce, red rooster hot sauce as well as some dress shoes for Lena. but here is the best part. I had mentioned once how much I could not wait to get an ice cream maker.

She brought me hers. She said that she hardly ever uses it and that we will get more use out of it. How amazing it that?!?! I could not believe what a sweet thing she was. The kids absolutely went nuts when I told them what it was. They have been checking the freezer every few minutes asking if it is ready to make yet.

The really funny thing is that it is the EXACT one that I wanted. I wrote about it here on my cooking blog.

So here I am with some chili sauce and an ice cream maker ready to get all creative.

Of course, Ruben grabs some milk and vanilla, throws it in and turns it on and actually think that was how it worked. Why can't he just pick up the direction!?!?!?!

7 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

This community seems to know no bounds in its generosity.

Frankly Ronda said...

Wow, wow, wow. This whole blog thing continues to inspire me. It allows us to focus on the good in humanity and not the barrage of headlines with all the bad stuff in the traditional press.

ElleCancun said...

Awww...That is SO amazing :)

I love to hear/read stories like this!

Samantha said...

That is so sweet. I've found the same comradery with my other Army Wives =) Thanks for turning me onto this blog world!

I hope the kids LOVE the ice cream!

Nancy said...

That is so cool! I had the same thing with yarn a couple of weeks ago.

If you would like it I can email you a great bunch of ice cream recipes that were in our Sunday paper a month or so ago...it is a 6 mb file but they look delicious...

Leslie Harris said...

How awesome! Enjoy your ice cream and be sure to post the recipes, even for those of us who don't have the ice cream maker.

Paula said...

Honey, that is so cool! call me I need to talk to you
love you
momma

Design by Blogger Templates