I am back! and ready to turn 30!

First of all- I cannot say thank you enough for all of the support that I have gotten here. Thank you to every one who commented as well as those who support me just by reading. I have been very busy lately and things are looking up.

The ups and downs here in Mexico have been very extreme for me. The years in my youth were adventurous and full of activity and intrigue and drama and everything. But the life here in Mexico has thrown me every direction I could imagine. When I have gone through challenging parts in my marriage I have had to do some really hard thinking. What am I going to do? or what would I do? move to the states? stay in Mexico? Move to another part of Mexico? What would I do for work in the USA? Will my business work here in Mexico? etc. etc.

I was very happy and a real sense of peace came over me when I really decided that I like living in Tulum. This is a town of easy going people- fisherman, healers, craftsman and service workers mixed with the beautiful culture of the Maya. It is wonderful here. The beaches are literally the most beautiful coastal site I have ever seen and the water is clear, warm and full of beautiful fish.

Things are going well and I look forward to even better things. I have made a commitment to myself. Now yes... this is pretty much EXACTLY my new year's resolution plan- But oh well.

I need to recommit to taking care of myself. I need to put the sunscreen on my face- especially now that I live sub tropic. I need to put lotion on my tired legs and feet, paint my toe nails - esp now that we are ALWAYS in flip flops, hand the kids to Ruben and walk away- and not feel guilty about it, ... I just need to take more personal time. It is so amazing how fast your time gets sucked from you. And guys I know that it happens to you too but unless you are a FULL-TIME single father- you have no idea what we mom's go through.

So that is my big goal for myself this next decade. I had a friend send me this breakdown of women recently. I really liked it.

GEOGRAPHY OF A WOMAN

Between 18 and 29, a woman is like Africa . Half discovered, half wild, fertile and naturally beautiful!


Between 30 and 40, a woman is like Europe. Well developed and open to trade, especially for someone of real value.


Between 41 and 49, a woman is like Spain , very hot, relaxed and convinced of her own beauty.


Between 50 and 54, a woman is like Greece , gently aging but still a warm and desirable place to visit.


Between 55 and 59, a woman is like Great Britain, with a glorious and all conquering past.


Between 60 and 70, a woman is like Israel, has been through war, doesn't make the same mistakes twice, takes care of business.

After 70, she becomes Tibet .. Wildly beautiful, with a mysterious past and the wisdom of the ages.....

An adventurous spirit and a thirst for spiritual knowledge.

Hell Yeah.


And I start this month and this new decade of my life with my first 2 clients for Tulum Living. I am so proud that I have a product and service worth selling and I am really excited for www.TulumLiving.com to take off. I really think that it can.


On another great note- I spent yesterday afternoon with 4 of the greatest kids ever. We walked around Villas Tulum (our neighborhood) and picked up trash. We had 2 or 3 bags of trash trash and then the rest was all recyclables. It was great. The kids learned a lot. Did you know that it takes a plastic bottle 450-1000 years to decompose! That is just crazy.

5 comments:

bordersaside said...

I love that you are taking them to pick up trash. Alana and I do this at the park, when there is a trash can. I think we will try this sometime. Hey if we live here why not start something right.

Paula said...

Honey, you are on the right path...you have all the skills to do whatever you decide to do. You are a loving, thoughtful, kind, caring woman. 30's are wonderful, full of changes and insight.( but here is a heads up...50's are also awesome..LOL)
love you Mom

ElleCancun said...

You go girl! Congrats on the clients, and all of your other accomplishments!

I love the geography of the woman! Super cool, and gives me a lot to look forward to!

Leslie Harris said...

Yay!!! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks of her birthday as a day to make New Year's resolutions. (I turned 35 last week.)

And good for you for deciding to take time for yourself. Every minute counts. One of my favorite aunts always said that she took 15 minutes every morning, afternoon and night to do something for herself. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you're doing it for you. Read a book, have a cup of tea, take a walk or paint your toenails. Have fun! And have a Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I love your blog!

Linda
aka Isla Chica

Design by Blogger Templates