The kids have started school

Well, the whole world is very different now. The kids have started school. Poor Lena has to get up at 6:00 am and catch her bus at 6:30. That just seems so early. And that means that I have to be up at 5 so that I can get the lunches, get the breakfasts, start the coffee, feed that cats and all that jazz.

School is defiantly a lot of money. There are just so many things to get in the beginning. We have to get the uniforms, the shoes, the bag, the well... all of it.

One thing that I am loving about the whole school thing is the schedule. The kids are showered and in their bed at 8:00 and are usually asleep by 8:30. I have been having a hard time keeping my eyes open past 9:00. I guess that is a good thing.

The weekends have brought new life. We really enjoy the weekends now and so do the kids. I mean, they only go to school until 11:30 so it is not a long day for them but at least the weekends provide a lot of fun.

This past weekend was no exception. We have met some people that I really feel have blessed our lives. This whole family is amazing. Grandma and Grandpa live right near me and are amazing people. Their son, Olmo, is a great guy and him and Ruben really get a long. Their brothers, wives and friends all have kids around the same ages as our and all combination of kids gets along.

I think that it is a pretty rare thing when you have a group of people that you could literally put together in absolutely any combination and every one would have a great time.

They live out in the jungle and we had such a great Saturday. Everyone was swimming, laughing, playing, cooking, eating and drinking. It was a really magical night. I had a blast. It is really nice to hang out with a family like that. It really makes me miss both my own family as well as Ruben's family. We always had such great times together. Although I will say that the coolest thing about this group of people is how similar they are to us.

We all had a really good time. I am really looking forward to spending more time with them.

2 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

Oh, I am so happy you found this family. It makes all the difference in the world to have people around us with common interestes and life styles.

Paula said...

sounds like a great group! Glad to hear you are meeting such fun people
love you
Mom

Design by Blogger Templates