Visit with my grandma

I have made it back safely to my home in Mexico. I am so happy to be home. Especially with all of the fun stuff that I brought back with me. But, let me first continue with my great trip!

I drove over to Fresno to visit my grandma. I did not take the kids because my grandma has been very ill and is just now getting home from the hospital. It was so nice to have so much time to spend with her. We would sit and gossip by the front window over coffee. One thing that I really wanted to do while I was in the USA was have a cheese plate. I love cheese and Tulum does not have any of it. So I shared a pretty amazing cheese plate with my grandma. And I discovered a new cheese that I love. It is Petite Basque. It is a semi hard sheep cheese- YUMMY!

We went out and she helped me pick out some new cloths. Since moving to Mexico my usually very cute, stylish and a a little bit sexy outfits have been subbed out for old navy cami tank tops and shorts. So Ruben made 1 request... he asked for me to please bring back some tropical clothing that have more style to them. My grandma new of this great consignment shop that sells only INC by Macy's, Liz Clayborn, Ann Taylor and such. It was great. Between those cloths and the Ross and Marshals finds I had it was great!

I had a nice Easter breakfast with my Uncle Brad and my grandma. My grandma had seen this little spot that was near her hair dresser and said it was always full and that it might have eggs benedict- which I really craved. It was a very cute little spot. Later that night my great Uncle Buck and Aunt Diane came over to say hi. It was really great to see them.

Another night I went to my Uncle Brad's house for dinner. My second cousin one removed or something something, Nancy Lee, was there that night with her kids as well. As were my cousins Bobby and Kyle. We all used to hang out every summer at Bass Lake and Nancy Lee and I were really close so it was great to see her. My cousins are the exact same awesome kids, well... men now- Crazy. My cousin is very sweet and funny and Kyle is just as wise cracking as he was at 7. It was a really fun night. For dinner we ate an amazing Tri Tip- I am going to put the rub recipe on my other blog soon.

My grandma has lived in the same house for such a long time and her house and her yard are some amazing. He gardener came over to say Hi when he heard she was out of the hospital. He has worked with my grandma on her garden for over 10 years. He is a very nice guy. He is from Mexico and we were talking about cooking. I told him how much I love it and he said that he has this cook book that he would like for me to have. It is called Mexico, The Beautiful Cookbook. It is stunning. I cannot wait to get to some of the recipes. I also learned that he was a professional Mexican folk dancer. I thought that was so cool. We would love to get Lena in to learn.

After a number of days I headed back to SF to have dinner with some friends. It was a great visit and I cannot wait to get back again to visit. Or better- my grandma wants to come down here to visit!!! That would be so fun.

2 comments:

Mama of 4 said...

Looks like you had a great time with your family, those are def. moments to cherish. BTW, you have a great tan!

Refried Dreamer said...

Glad you had a good trip with your family and that you made it home safe!

p.s. That cookbook is AMAZING!!!

Design by Blogger Templates