Momma and Ryan visit SF, Neal joins the fun

Okay, this is the last update from my trip to the United States. While we were in SF my mom came up from San Diego and my brother Ryan came down from Portland. It was a very short trip but it was so wonderful to see them. We all had a very good time.

We got a hotel room down at the wharf and once we had everything in the room we set off to walk around Pier 39. This is usually a tourist trap that we avoided like the plague when we lived in SF. But we had a really good time.

We had a nice lunch with one of the worst and most interesting waiters I have ever had. (and that is saying something) And then we walked all over Pier 39. We saw the sea lions, almost got blown away at the end of the pier looking at Alcatraz and listened to some music at the entrance by the Hard Rock Cafe. We then stopped off for a drink at Juana's work. She was so nice and bought brinks for us and brought some juice for the kids. It was a really fun afternoon.

By now, the wind had really kicked up and, like most people who find themselves at the wharf in the afternoon, we were freezing. Momma bought the kids and her the famous SF fleece. you will see these all over San Francisco. They are cheap and warm and frequently bought by people who got caught in the wind. I mean 2 for $20 is a great deal. Momma offered to get me one but there is one thing I have learned living in Mexico... I will NEVER wear it.

We headed back to the hotel and got cleaned up to go to dinner. I took them to my all time favorite spot... The Mona Lisa. Shocking, I know. We had a great dinner and headed home to watch a movie. We watched the Brad Pitt flick Benjamin Button. It was an okay film but not amazing in my opinion. Very interesting idea though.

The next day we walked around some more and got some great pics. The kids saw the beach and headed straight for it. They could not for the life of them figure out why the water was so damn cold. Here in Tulum the water is like stepping into a bath. We also got some great pics with Alcatraz in the back ground as well as some with Ghirardelli Square.

At this point we headed back to the hotel to wait for Neal to get in from the airport. We watched Marley and me which was very cute. It was at this exact moment that I started to feel really sick. Neal is getting ready for a trial and he is always wary of getting sick before a trail so I felt really bad.

We all headed off to dinner at another one of my favorite spots, McCormick and Kuleto's. I was bummed first of all because they were all out of crab and I LOVE crab. But I ordered a shrimp dish and unfortunately could not eat a bite. By now I was feeling really sick.

The next day when everyone left Neal and Mom got the hotel room for one more night so I could rest. Juana, the life saver, took the kids for me and I slept ALL day. I woke up for about an hour to eat and have some tea and then went right to bed again.

Luckily I ended up getting better.


Samantha the ArmyWife said...

SF seems like a lot of fun. Kevin and I have discussed vacationing there when he gets home. I'm happy to see that Ryan, mom and Neal had the time to go see you- happy that worked out. Looks like you had a great time in the US! Wish we could have gotten together! I had no idea you were going to be here so long...

Paula said...

Honey..great sure to call me after you take the kids to the Dr this morning!
love you

Design by Blogger Templates