Christmas tree- but no Proof

As, well, anyone who I have written an email to since I moved to Mexico knows... there has been some rough times heading into this month. I miss home. It does not feel like Christmas at all. I really wish I could see my friends and family and listen to KUPL Christmas music--- in English. So- even though we are broke- I absolutely had to buy a tree. Yes it is fake- which goes against everything in my Oregonian body- but what are you going to do. The kids really wanted a tree and I really wanted one too. Christmas has always been a holiday that I have gotten very into - esp. the decorating. It makes me happy to sit in a room filled with red and gold and lights and little santa's. And Ruben and I have collected some great decorations. But this year, there is nothing. So we bought the last little crappy fake tree at the super and came home to set it up and decorate. Now here is where I get really depressed. My camera will not stay on. It was working just fine and now- Nothing. I spent some time on a chat with tech support and they basically said oh well. I take soooo many pictures. And now I can't. We were watching "the Grinch that stole Christmas"- 1st the old animated one and then the new live action one. ate tamales and decorated our tree. But there is no proof. I cannot take pictures of it. And i made the most amazing chicken stock the other day and then made some great soup for my cooking blog--- again - no proof. And when it comes to food- I always like seeing pictures. Anyway. we do have a "tree" but you cannot see it. I might bite the bullet and buy a new camera. I need pictures, esp. at Christmas.

2 comments:

My Way said...

Humidity reaks havoc on digital devices...this may have been the prob.

But you have a tree and it's decorated and yummy soup!

You'll get through it all.

CancunCanuck said...

I was just going to say the same thing as My Way, humidity is bad for cameras, I've lost a couple that way. I've found that having a camera with a rechargeable battery has helped immensely for some reason, haven't had a problem. It's like a cel phone battery and I'm much happier than when using regular batteries. I think the humidity messes with the connectors somehow.

Happy tree decorating!

Design by Blogger Templates