Akilean has his 5th birthday party.

Akilean had his 5 year old birthday party this past Sunday. His birthday is not until tomorrow but in his mind he is 5 now. It was a very successful birthday party.

The morning started as all great mornings should... at my favorite taco stand. This day was no exception. I ordered 8 tacos and 3 tamels to go. The morning was beautiful. I headed off to the little tienda to buy the things that I needed to make a pastel de tres leches.

--Strange side note- my neighbor sent her daughter over to my house to ask me if I would be willing to make a cake for her friends birthday. She liked the cake I made at Lena's birthday and asked me how much I would charge for a cake. It was strange but flattering. So anyway. I went to buy all of the stuff I needed and took my tacos home to get ready to make a lot of birthday cakes.

Akilean's birthday cake was so cute. He really really wanted this Ben 10 watch thing that has a toy on the end or something. This thing just happens to be 600 pesos- so not happening. So he got some Ben 10 underwear, a Ben 10 shirt and some little fantastic four guys. But I did decide to make a Ben 10 watch cake.

First I made green cake and then started going to town. It was really cute. I liked how it looked. I tried to make black frosting but did not have enough food coloring. Oh well. It was still really cute.

Akilean loved his party and his pinata. Every one had a really good time.


Happy birthday my little puppy. I love you. 5!!!! Holly crap!

6 comments:

Bob Mrotek said...

Congratulations Akilean. They can't call you "little boy" any more because now you are a "big boy". Happy Birthday to you!!!

One Small Voz said...

Happy Birthday from Veracruz!

Mama of 4 said...

Happy Birthday Akilean! May you be blessed with love and happiness this year.

bordersaside said...

Happy birthday buddy, my gosh he looks so freaking happy in that picture how cute. That really should be exciting to you that Mexicans are wanting you to make cakes for them, how cool.

Leslie Harris said...

Feliz Cumpleaños, Akilean! And great job on the cake!

Unknown said...

Yeah, happy bday!!! Great cake - maybe you have another new business idea!!!

Design by Blogger Templates