Halloween

This Halloween was great. I busted out my sewing machine and started threading away.  I was making a mermaid costume and I was really excited about it.  I had these great shells that I was making the top out of.  and I had looked up some great ideas on the skirt.  Lena and Akilean were both punk vampires.  Their costumes where made up of stuff from around the house and they looked so cute.  

On Friday night I grabbed the kids and headed up to Puerto Morelos to see our friend that lives there. They were doing their towns celebration in the main square on Friday so we all headed over there. It was a lot of fun. One of the best parts was that one of my all time favorite Tulum bands was up there and playing. It is the same band that Ruben had booked for my birthday. It was awesome.  We listened to the music-0 danced around the square and like a pinata  announcing the end of a party- the rain started to drizzle and everyone headed home.  It was so much fun. 

The next day I drove all over town looking for vampire teeth for the kids.  It is amazing how much surplus of everything there is in the
From The Rosas-Standring Family
states.  I forget sometimes and think that finding something is going to be so easy and then realize- of wait- we are not going to find that here. hah oh well.
On Saturday after we had gotten back to Tulum we had some friends come over and headed into town to hear our friends band play.  It was a really good time.  For this first night Ruben dressed up like a fisherman and I the mermaid- We looked really cute. Not to crazy of a night- we were home early and ready to have a killer Halloween.

For the actual Halloween it was awesome.  We got our costumes all ready and headed to the beach for a few hours.  It was a great day on the beach.  As soon as I got there I had a guy walk up to me and say. "hey You are Tulum Living right?"   I follow your page and love your info on Tulum." He had just moved here from Belize and was just getting settled in Tulum.  It was very cool.  He was very nice and I told him that I was sure that we would see him around.  Tulum is a very small town and you run into everyone here eventually.

We had all of our friends meet at my house before trick or treating.  We set up our Dia de los Muertos altar and some fun things around the house.   It looked great.  I did a Mohawk on a Akilean and it was so cute.  The first night was  a frizzy crazy one and Halloween it was going to be a liberty spike- but I could not get it to stand all the way.  His hair has gotten very long and I would have needed more product then was worth it for him.  But he did look so cute.  He said he wants to wear it in a Mohawk more often- Looks like we will have to get up a little earlier for school.
The band of kids that we had for the party was so cute.  There were so many kids all dressed up and we walked the streets and it was a beautiful site.  The kids had a great time.  Ruben and I did not get to take them last year because I was covering an event at Xcaret so my friends took them.  After the crazy running around the neighborhood and candy diving we headed back to the house and got the kids cleaned up and ready for their sleep over. 

Ruben and I headed out to town and had a great night with a bunch of our friends at Bar 307.  Ruben and I have such fun when we get the chance to go out.  It is not very often we get to go out on the late night party  up nights- Between babysitters- school- family - life and little money- it is not that often- which is fine but defiantly fun when we do get to do it. 


We had such fun and we looked great.  A number of our good friends were there and we had a great time dancing- laughing and hanging out.  The kids were at the house the by 11 and Ruben made a great pancake and bacon breakfast and we just watched movies all day. 



Today however is Dia de los Muertos so we are going to get the house all set up and head to some great festivities in town.  There are some wonderful celebrations and ceremonies both in the cemetery and in town.  It is going to be a good day.

4 comments:

Kristan said...

You look amazing and your hubby and kiddos super cute!!!!

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

I can't believe you made that top out of real shells - it looks so perfect! It's nice to see families having so much fun together. I hope you had a blast.

ElleCancun said...

Looove the kiddies costumes, and look at you looking all sexy!! You look fantastic amiga :)

bordersaside said...

looks like a great time. So cool that you got some recognition for you page.

Design by Blogger Templates