My tattoo


Well, I finally got most of my tattoo. I have been planning this tattoo for several years and I have really been excited about getting it. After getting my first tattoo in Spokane when I was 18- Remember that Brian?!?! It was so funny - now looking back anyway. I was barely 18 and I wanted a tattoo. I picked the Eye of Horus from the Egyptian mythological story about family devotion and sacrifice. It is a beautiful story of Isis and her husband Osiris. Osiris is killed by his brother Set, cut into 14 pieces and thrown into the Nile. Isis, the every devoted wife, collects all the pieces and because it is mythology- Osiris body awakened and they conceived a son, Horus. Horus avenged his fathers death and killed Set. But not before Set ripped out his eye. Horus went to the body of his father, put his eye into his body and Osiris was able to asend to the heavens to the gods. On a totally separate note it is also the mathematical symbol for fractions being made up of perfectly fractionated pieces (1/2-1/4-1/8-1/16-1/32-1/64)


But anyway... I digress. That was my first tattoo and I squealed like a stock pick at slaughter. It was not a pretty sight. The artist had to stop and tell me that there were other people waiting for their tattoo and that I really needed to calm down. jajaja oh well.


Well after having the memory of this pain more then washed away I was ready for my next tattoo. I was going to originally get peacock feathers in a sunburst shape that had hidden letters within them. Over the years it has developed and changed and has ended with this...

4 roses at the 4 corners of the universe (N-S-E-W): 4 people in my family- our last name Rosas- means roses in Spanish and on the Northern hemisphere is a K and an E for Kennedy Elena and on the southern side is A and E for Akilean Emilio. So in essence it is my kids names. I love it.

I still have the white to add to bring it alive and I might add some more color. I think that it is so beautiful. My good friend Olmo did a great job. I cannot wait for my next one. I did much better on the pain this time. I mean do not get me wrong. It hurt like crazy. But after 2 very painful c-section and even worse recoveries from them- and then there were the 4 surgeries that fooled the 18 months after that- so I was really hoping that 6 surgeries in 2 years was going to lessen my pain threshold. I do not know if it did - but I handled it fine. it was not until the 4th hour that I was done.

The other day we did a little test drive and one of my all time best friends in the world- Andi came down. I have a lot of updating to do for that trip - but I will tell you that we got matching little tattoos. For anyone from Oregon- you have probably already seen this symbol. It is the outline of Oregon with a little green heart in the middle. The sticker says on it... "something about you says Oregon." I think it is funny that so does my hip. On Halloween I met a girl from Oregon and we got to talking and it turned out that a friend of hers was the original designer for the sticker. Small world.


Long story short... I LOVE IT. I cannot wait to get my next one. My next one is a little outline of an owl. This is the symbol for my grandmother Pusey that just died recently. I will report more when I get it. And I will post pics one I have the white.

10 comments:

bordersaside said...

Wow what a great design and he did a great job with the ink. I hope now that we wont be needing tons of money for Canada immigration maybe we can get ours done to. ;) Man now you got me itching for a tattoo. Looks great cant wait to see how it looks with the highlights.

Steve Cotton said...

Something I doubt I could do.

Refried Dreamer said...

How exciting! Tattoos are addicting. Pretty soon, you'll catch up with me! haha.... love the ink!

One Small Voz said...

It looks Amazing! I sympathize with the pain on the lower back, I'm getting tense recalling when I got mine 8 years ago!

Lori said...

Wow that looked like it hurt. How are you doing?

Anonymous said...

It's terrible to look at the surronding in the room where you are getting tattooed. Disgusting scratchers are ruining the art. YOu should go get tested... you probably have hep or staph. I bet you got it cheap... smart girl

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

okay... I am going to make an assumption here and assume that you are not an ass and that I am just a cranky and reading your comment. So I am going to comment under that assumption.

If that was the tattoo studio there is no way that I would have gotten tattooed there. I agree that sanitation is of the up-most importance when choosing your tattoo artist.

This tattoo was done graciously by my good friend at my friends house. As I have 2 children and no car he was kind enough to bring his stuff to me.

He is one of my very best friends and if you are at all interested in stepping out of Florida and checking it out... you can visit his studio on the main Avenue of Tulum.

But please keep any rude comments and your assumptions about my health to yourself.

Caribbean Crystal said...

That is just the beginning of many more! HA! It looks grea and will even more when it done done done! Can't wait to see the progression of yours along with the progression of mine. Especially if we can get an appointment in the new Tattooluum with that very hot tattoo artist Olmo Hinojosa!!! Love you sissy!

Caribbean Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Awesome tattoo! My last name is Rosas also and I'm looking for a tattoo to honor my mom and dad. That design and idea is just amazing.

Design by Blogger Templates